Bond Accountability Committee
The Citizens Bond Accountability Committee is a mix of individuals with a reputation for fairness and transparency and experience in building design, construction, public contracting, budgeting, and/or auditing. Read the Citizens Bond Accountability Committee charter.
The next Bond Accountability Committee Meeting #7 will be on Wednesday April 23rd, 4:30-6:30p.m. at the Marshall Campus, 3905 SE 91st Ave Portland, OR 97266. An agenda will be posted before the meeting.
The seven-member committee meets quarterly to review bond funded projects and offer advice to the school board on:
- Whether bond revenues are expended only for the purpose for which the bond was approved
- Alignment with the goals and principles of the district’s Long Range Facilities Plan
- Alignment with the goals of the Business Equity Policy
- Lowering maintenance and construction costs while improving operating efficiency
- Historic preservation and school renovation
- Potential capital partnerships for joint and shared use of PPS facilities
- Implementation of appropriate ways to address seismic issues
- Compliance with ADA requirements
The committee communicates key information related to the bond to the School Board, public groups, organizations and stakeholders.
Committee Reports to the School Board
- Kevin Spellman, Committee Chair, retired construction contractor and management
- Louis Fontenot, Development Manager, Trammell Crow Company
- Cheryl Twete, Senior Development Advisor, Metro
- Steve March, Auditor, Multnomah County
- John Mohlis, Executive Secretary, Oregon State Building Trades Council
- Willy Paul, Executive Director, Kaiser National Facilities Services
- Tom Peterson, Chief Engineer, Port of Portland