About Portland Public Schools
Facts & Figures (2014-15)
|Special services programs||443|
|Public charter schools||1,764|
|Native American/Alaskan Native||0.9%|
|English language learners||7.9%|
|Eligible for free/
|Receive special education services||14%|
*PPS students also attend the Head Start Early Childhood Education program, 17 community-based programs, 17 special services programs and 8 charter schools.
|Licensed School Administrators||162|
Note: This is a snapshot of the school district. Actual student enrollment shifts daily, while PPS employees leave and new staff join throughout the year. Student enrollment figures are as of October 2014. Employee data is 2013-14 with updated data coming soon.
|At Portland Public Schools, this is our goal: By the end of elementary, middle and high school, every student by name will meet or exceed academic standards and will be fully prepared to make productive life decisions. Portland Public Schools is an equal opportunity educator and employer.|
Portland Public Schools, founded in 1851, is an urban school district in Portland, Oregon. With more than 48,500 students in 78 schools, it is the largest school district in the Pacific Northwest.
PPS students participate in diverse programs and learning opportunities that are supported by teachers, families, community members, nonprofit organizations, local businesses and higher education institutions, including Portland State University, Portland Community College, Oregon Health and Science University, and the University of Oregon.
- Milestones and Achievement Compacts
- School report cards (select "Portland SD 1J" from the menu)
- Graduation Rate
- Find your neighborhood school
- PPS schools
- Multiple Pathways to Graduation
- Enrollment and demographics
- English as a Second Language profiles
- Student rights and responsibilities (full version, handbook, brochure)
- Revised school transfer process ; More at www.pps.net/schoolchoice
- Common Core, Smarter Balanced Assessments
- Portland Association of Teachers
- Portland Federation of School Professionals
- Custodian Civil Service Board
- Oregon school districts
- Oregon Department of Education
Contact: 503-916-2000, email
Stay in touch with PPS: